Online Application to University of Manitoba's PA Program
**For most up to date information, please refer to University of Manitoba's website.**
Online application made through Graduate Studies Self-Service Center.
Application fee: $125
Documents and requirements for online application:
1. Unofficial or Official Transcript and Degree Certificates
- Unofficial Transcripts and Degree Certificates often found through university's student portal and can be attached as a pdf. or doc. file. Multiple Transcripts and Degree Certificates should be compiled into one document. Upon acceptance into the program, submission of Official Transcripts and Degree Certificates will be required.
- Official Transcripts and Degree Certificates should be mailed in a sealed letter to the address below
University of Manitoba
500 University Centre
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2
2. Required Courses and Asset Courses
- Online Application includes a form listing the required courses and asset courses. You must identify the course on your transcript which meets these criteria for required courses and asset courses.
- Required courses are Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, and Biochemistry taken at the undergraduate level. Asset courses that help applicants include Microbiology and Psychology. All courses require at least three credit hours each for consideration.
- Competitive grade is B-level or higher for each required course.
3. Statement of Intent/Personal Essay of max. 1000 words and attached as pdf. or doc. file which includes
- Proudest achievement or accomplishment to date;
- Reasons and the rationale for choosing a specific applicant pool;
- Reasons for choosing the Physician Assistant profession; and
- Your reasons for wanting to be a graduate of the University of Manitoba’s Master of Physician Assistant Studies
5. Self-Declaration and Criminal Record Form
- Please follow instructions in the application and complete the online form/declaration.
- Criminal Record Checks are NOT required at time of application. This will be required upon admission into the program.
6. Recommendation Letters
- Please note, one of your recommendation letters must be from your current / most recent employer, supervisor, student advisor or professor.
- The referees must be able to provide information regarding your character, communication skills, professionalism and suitability for practice as a Physician Assistant.
- These letters are submitted online with the option of submission by mail.
- In the past, these letters have been due on the same date as the online application. If there are conflicting dates online, please send an email to Faculty of Graduate Studies, email@example.com, for confirmation.
7. English Language Test Score (if applicable)
All applicants must demonstrate a proficiency in English prior to admission by:
- Possessing a high school diploma or university degree from Canada or one of the countries on the English Language Proficiency Test Exemption List. In this case, no documents are required for submission for English proficiency.
- Successfully completing an acceptable English Language Proficiency Test as outlined on the University of Manitoba's website. In this case, submission of English Language Test Score is required. Please note, scores more than two years old are not acceptable.
Last updated: May 1, 2018